2009年5月7日星期四

The old well




That day I was climbing a mountain on the way,I saw a well .let me recall back my family old well.


My family near river ,as usually father carried water from Water Supply Station ,sometimes my brothers or sister carried it after school,because I was a child,my duty only took two iron drums to station to line up.(family was moved to town from village!).It cost one cent for drink water of two iron drums.Every day in the morning or near in the evening there are many iron drum were waitting for adding up water from the water supply station. I saw the long line all of iron drum or wood drums putting there.expically when rain day,nearby river was turned yellow by rainning. so some of local residents couldn't go to carry it from river.at the moment more drums put in there.father told me that I standed there to look at the drums and must run to family call father to carry it,if my drums turned to put into water.

My family had a big figuline jar.(size:wide 85cm,high 110cm),one day father put the water into jar,it had a crack in its body,sencond day father use some grout to adhesion itself.He looked at it and his eyes to focus.(in 1980s one big jar would sell 20RMB,about 2.5usd,but it was a lot of money for father).if it cound't be used in next days.how to do for the family?
After some years,father went out a big city to work ,he make some money,and first thing ,he took a whileblack TV ,before mum ,sister and I went to neighbour family to watch TV,or stay at near window of neighbour family to steal a look.I had remember the all movie or cartoon: and deeply impress movie was"proof of the man"."the story of mole "(Czechoslovakia cartoon).
Father made up his mind to dig a well and then he called two well sinkers.(They came from near town peasant ,living on dig well in different towns /villages)The well sinkers diged two days,but couldn't see well water, in the yard put many clay from the well ,father was worry about it ,if it couldn't find out water,however,we need pay wage to well sinkers . in any case it would be a bad news for father.so they continued to dig,it about was 9meters,I saw the well skinkers :one man came into bottom well,he digged the clay and then put it into a small iron drum then on ground other well sinker to put out it .Do you imagine that come into the over 10meters under ground and less one meter wides well bottom?They lived in my family these days,father bought some pig meat to cook for them. kids sat around table with seriousness ,except father took it to our bowls .I saw "braised pork with soy sauce " ,yellow colour of china rice wine,scrambled eggs ,fermented bean curd,pickled vegetables.It was a nice vision party! All house was full of comfy and cozy !

So hard ,so swink.no air all earth smell,anoxic ,hot ,dangerous, couldn't move a bit body in there.and don't forget one thing: Because too clay putting around the well beside.by accident one empty iron drum drop to well while one well sinker was digged the clay in well bottom.Terrified father called him on top well ,some minutes he had a weak voice. when he came out the well,his head had hurt while father took medicinal oils to rub it.Father's face was full of apologetic .The three day the well water emerged. at last we can get water in family.and wash clothes use it in winter and I have got chilblains every year in hometown.but it let me well nice to wash bowls and clothes.(water of well is very cold in summer,warm in winter )
later many neighbour went to carry water from this well ,and mum would like to provide it for them! Now the old well was buried for old houses were pulled down.

1 条评论: